2018 Mazda CX-5 Towing Capacity
Whether you’re just taking a camp trailer down to Eugene for the big game or you’re making the two-hour trip from Wilsonville to Newport, you’ll need a reliable, efficient Mazda SUV that can keep up. The Mazda CX-5 delivers with 2,000 pounds of trailering capacity, making it a stronger tower than competitors like the Nissan Rogue. Additionally, it promises impressive fuel-efficiency that makes getting your stuff where you need to go a snap.
All three Mazda CX-5 trims are powered by the SKYACTIV®-G 2.5L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder with Cylinder Deactivation. This motor is paired with the SKYACTIV®-DRIVE 6-speed automatic transmission with manual-shift and Sport Mode to deliver 187-hp and as much as 186 lb.-ft. of peak torque.
Drivers can choose from two capable drivetrains for their CX-5:
- FWD: The efficient FWD promises up to 25 mpg city and 31 mpg highway fuel efficiency, perfect for the commute to Portland and back.
- AWD: The capable AWD drivetrain provides exceptional traction, making it ideal for Albany in the winter, while still delivering fuel efficiency of as much as 24 mpg city and 30 mpg highway.
With either drivetrain, the Mazda CX-5 delivers the power and efficiency that has earned it recognition from heavyweights like Car and Driver, US News, IIHS, and Edmunds.com, just to name a few.
Other Performance Features
In addition to the power and efficiency Salem-Keizer drivers choose Mazda vehicles for, the Mazda CX-5 offers the following standard and available performance features designed to enhance safety, handling, and vehicle performance:
- Valvetrain Chain-Driven Dual Overhead Cams, 4-Valves Per Cylinder with Variable Valve Timing (VVT)
- Ignition System Direct Coil-On-Plug Electronic Ignition with Platinum-Tipped Spark Plugs
- Engine Block Aluminum Alloy
- Cylinder Head Aluminum Alloy
- SKYACTIV®-VEHICLE DYNAMICS With G-Vectoring Control
- 4-Wheel, 4-Channel ABS Brakes with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) And Brake Assist
- Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS)
- Power Rack-And-Pinion Steering with Variable Assist
- 4-Wheel Independent Suspension with Macpherson Struts
From end-to-end, the Mazda CX-5 is engineered to handle better, no matter what the terrain.
Learn More About the Mazda CX-5
To learn more about the 2019 Mazda CX-5 dimensions or to see how easily this 5-passenger compact SUV pulls a tent trailer or other lightweight device to your next Columbia Gorge or Oregon Coast adventure, stop by Power Mazda in Salem to speak to an associate. We can help you decide on financing with the bank vs. dealership to find the right plan for you. Contact us today.